Here is a statement from the designer of our Winter poster:
"My name is Richard Caceres, and I am a recent alumni of UCLA's Design | Media Arts program. This is the second time I have designed a poster for Comtempo Flux. The image in this poster is a special kind of waveform called a Fast Fourier Transformation (the y-axis is pitch and the x-axis is time). It is generated from a recording of Steve Reich's "Music for Pieces of Wood". And lastly, the horizontal waveform is wrapped into a circle using an image technique called Polar-Coordinates. This poster is a direct translation of the music, which is unlike the previous posters that were interpretations of the music."

"My name is Richard Caceres, and I am a recent alumni of UCLA's Design | Media Arts program. This is the second time I have designed a poster for Comtempo Flux. The image in this poster is a special kind of waveform called a Fast Fourier Transformation (the y-axis is pitch and the x-axis is time). It is generated from a recording of Steve Reich's "Music for Pieces of Wood". And lastly, the horizontal waveform is wrapped into a circle using an image technique called Polar-Coordinates. This poster is a direct translation of the music, which is unlike the previous posters that were interpretations of the music."
