Saturday, March 14, 2015

Winter 2015 Program, March 15, 2015


Cover design by Nicholas Minh Le, UCLA Department of Design | Media Arts.
Program layout by Gary Heaton-Smith, Geoffrey Pope, Thomas Feng, and Jules Levy 


Ayre (2004)   
Osvaldo Golijov (b. 1960)
          I. Mañanita de San Juan – Dawn, St. John’s Day
          II. Una madre comió asado  - A mother roasted her child 
          III. Tancas serradas a muru – Walls are encircling the land
          IV. Luna – Moon
          V. Nani
          VI. Wa Habibi - My love
          VII. Aiini taqtiru – My eyes weep
          VIII. Kun li-guitari wataran ayyuha al-maa’ – Be a string, water, to my guitar
          IX. Suéltate las Cintas – Untie your ribbons
          X. Yah annah emtza’cha – O God, where shall I find you?
          XI. Ariadna en su laberinto – Ariadne in her labyrinth

Four Nocturnes (Night Music II) (1964)   
George Crumb (b. 1929)
          Notturno I: Serenamente
          Notturno II: Scorrevole; vivace possibile
          Notturno III: Con templativo
          Notturno IV: Con un sentiment di nostalgia

Dance Patterns (2002)   
Steve Reich (b. 1936)

Lament for Two Violas (1912)
Frank Bridge (1879-1941)

Sextet (1984)
Steve Reich (b. 1936)
          I. [Fast]
          II. [Moderate]
          III. [Slow]
          IV. [Moderate]
          V. [Fast]